With thanks to Arts Council England we are pleased to announce our new online programme which means we can continue to share new work, support the making of work and engage with projects from the safety of our homes.
As part of our online programme we have a series of commissions and bursaries aimed at exploring, responding to and documenting the current historical and significant time we are experiencing.
The commissions and bursaries will support photographers and writers to make new work in isolation ( at a social distance), reflecting on these times & contributing to creativity and wellbeing. Outcomes will be shared with audiences via our digital platforms. (Health & safety is particularly important, all projects must follow the government guidelines for the lockdown and social distancing).
We are interested in work that responds to the following themes; Social Distancing, Family, Community, Caring, Togetherness, Relationships, Health & Wellbeing, The Economy, Work, Key Workers.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds. If applicants have any additional needs and would like support with their application please do get in touch at
There are a number of strands to this programme and the opportunities are open to photographers, artists and writers who are based in England. Please send your applications to Stephen.email@example.com, within your email please state which strand of the programme you are applying for.
Commission: Fee £2000, Deadline 10th June 2020
- We are awarding 2 commissions aimed at artists & photographers with a track record of producing high quality work.
- A strong commitment to working at a professional level
- Ambition for their work and practice
- The work created must be able to be shared digitally
- The work must be made in a 5 month period between June and October 2020.
- To Submit please send your CV, examples of previous work & website links, and description of the work you propose to do (maximum 500 words) to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Micro Bursary: Fee £500, Deadline 15th June 2020
- We are awarding 6 bursaries aimed at emerging artists & photographers including recent graduates from 2020.
- The bursary will also include advice from the GRAIN team.
- The work created must be able to be shared digitally before October 2020.
- To Submit please send your CV, examples of previous work & website links, and description of the work you propose to do (maximum 200 words) Stephen.email@example.com
Writing Bursary: Fee £250, Deadline 15th June 2020
- We are awarding 2 writing bursaries.
- The work created must be for text that has a photographic theme.
- Submit a CV, examples of previous work & website links, and a short synopsis of the writing you would undertake to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org