Some Cities – Developing Documentary Photography Projects – 12 week programme
6th January 2015 - 10th March 2015
Darkroom Birmingham, The Old Print Works, Birmingham
At the centre of the Some Cities workshop programme is the Documentary Practice 12 week programme. This course will offer participants the opportunity to research, produce and exhibit a project that engages both with the urban context we share, and the influential legacies of historical documentary practice.
Around this programme will be a series of extra supporting workshops (not included within this booking) that attendees may wish to join in order to aid their advancement on this programme. The supporting workshops are darkroom practice, Photoshop and digital photography workshops – dates will soon be advertised.
Topics covered and areas of study include:
- Historical and contemporary photographic approaches and practices.
- Researching and developing documentary projects.
- Planning and carrying out shoots.
- Formats and media – the tools for the job.
- Ethics and representation in documentary photography.
- Participatory documentary methods.
- Editing and sequencing work.
- Presenting work for exhibition.
Start Date: Tuesday 6th January, 2015 (7pm – 9pm)
End date: Tuesday 10th March, 2015 (7pm – 9pm)
Saturday sessions: 28th February, 2015 and 7th March (10am – 1pm)
Exhibition Private View: Thursday 19th March, 2015 (TBC)
Maximum number of 20 spaces are available with a minimum number of 10 participants required for course activation.(Full refunds will be given in this event)
Andrew: 07790 962 689
For more information or to book on to this programme click here.
Back to full listings